Thursday, September 15, 2016

NFL Picks 2016

Nate’s 9: NFL 2016 Predictions


To my fellow football fans: I apologize for taking so long to get this out, and now that I’m working on it, I’m going to revise it a little bit since the season’s already started, since things that I was planning to predict have already happened. (Those things will be mentioned in parenthesis) My predictions for this year’s NFL season happened the weekend before Teddy Bridgewater’s nasty injury, and although I feel like I could change it, I’m going to roll with my thoughts on every team before the massive injuries (SD included). As always, enjoy the season everyone!

AFC Playoff Predictions
1. Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4
2. New England Patriots 12-4 (Steelers win the head-to-head game)
3. Kansas City Chiefs 10-6
4. Houston Texans 10-6
5. New York Jets 10-6
6. Oakland Raiders 10-6 (Chiefs win the division tie breaker by 1 game)

Playoffs:
  Kansas City (3) vs Oakland (6) – Winner: Oakland  
  Houston (4) vs New York Jets (5) – Winner: NY Jets
  Pittsburgh (1) vs Oakland (6) – Winner: Pittsburgh
  New England (2) vs New York Jets (5) – Winner: New England
  Pittsburgh (1) vs New England (2) – Winner: Pittsburgh

NFC Playoff Predictions
1. Arizona Cardinals 13-3 (ha, already lost one)
2. Green Bay Packers 11-5
3. Tampa Bay Buccaners 10-6 (Whoa!)
4. Washington Redskins 8-8
5. Seattle Seahawks 10-6
6. Minnesota Vikings 10-6 (I'd probably have them 8-8 or 9-7 with Sam)
Note: Carolina also finished 10-6, but lost on NFC tiebreakers. Yikes!

Playoffs:
Tampa Bay (3) vs Minnesota (6) – Winner: Tampa Bay
Washington (4) vs Seattle (5) – Winner: Seattle
Green Bay (2) vs Tampa Bay (3) – Winner: Green Bay
Arizona (1) vs Seattle (5) – Winner: Arizona (My toughest game to pick all season)
Arizona (1) vs Green Bay (2) – Winner: Arizona

Super Bowl: Arizona vs Pittsburgh (I never pick a winner, would take a shine off it, if I get it right (i.e. S.F. vs Baltimore in 2013)


3 things I like:
1. Oakland is ready. I believe they’re legit.
2. Bruce Arians knows this is probably the end of the window. Might have to blow it up if it doesn’t work (age, cap casualties)
3. The Steelers were an easy pick. I really believe they’re the best team in football.

3 things I don’t like:
1. Cincinnati not making the playoffs. Tried to pick a few upsets, and it had me putting them 1 behind Oakland and the Jets. Could very easily backfire on me.
2. The Jaguars and Colts each go 8-8. I have them splitting the series, and also each splitting with the Texans. That division could make me look awful.
3. The Redskins winning the division. Every time an NFC East team left the division, I felt like they were losing. Someone has to win 9, right?

MVP: Big Ben

Offense: Antonio Brown

Defense: Khalil Mack

Rookie Off: Zeke

Rookie Def: Jalen Ramsey (HOF)

Share your picks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment