Monday, February 23, 2015

Favorite Alcoholic Beverages

Nate’s 9: Favorite Alcoholic Beverages

            I love all of you, so I hope that when you are having a good time and enjoying alcohol, you are doing so responsibly and safely!  Just a fun little blog that has nothing to do with sports or other such obsessions!

#9 – Colorado Bulldog.  I don’t have them much, because I never think to order one.  Plus I consider it to be more of a sippy drink, and with 3 children, I don’t have nearly as much time as I used to have to sip.  Anything that has coke in it though, should do well for me.  And this one does.

#8 - Amaretto Sour.  It started out as my introduction to the hard stuff.  I didn’t really drink that much in high school, and when I did it was usually the Jim Beam mixed bottles (oh jeez).  Arriving in Germany was the best thing that could’ve happened for me.  I went from the classic Amaretto-apple juice to the much more sophisticated (or so I thought) Amaretto-sour. Di saronno specifically.

#7 – Ayinger Brau Weisse.  The best hefeweissen beer in the world.  Well, maybe.  There’s so many great ones, that I just have to pick the one that I drank the most while in Germany.  It’s really thick and it’s alcohol content is quite high, so chances are you can only have one, but I guarantee that it’s one you’ll always enjoy.  

#6 – Gin & Tonic.  My current preference.  It does what it’s supposed to do, taste good and allow for the opportunity of fun, but without the pounding that vodka and/or tequila are known to do.  It took awhile with this one.

#5 – Vodka & Cranberry.  My old preference.  It went down nice with the Grey Goose, and everyone knows that I can put away a little cranberry.  In fact my favorite refinement was to chase the vodka-cranberry with a glass of cranberry.

#4 – Whiskey & Seven.  Preferably Crown if available.  I’m not much a fan of the Sierra Mist, Seven Up, Sprite family, but for some reason if you throw in a little whiskey, it makes all the difference.  Whiskey on the rocks is still probably ten years out, so I might as well enjoy the sugar before it decides to take a shot at my metabolism offerings.

#3 – Strongbow.  World’s best cider.  I was honestly devastated when I found out that Magner’s had pretty much purchased all the Strongbow taps around the twin cities.  It did everything a cider was supposed to do.  Go down easy, taste sweeter than candy, but hard enough that you just can’t stop at one.  Or two.

#2 – Goose Gimlet.  Extra lime.  I can take down about 4-5 of these in one sitting.  When I first heard about this concoction, I thought it was absurd.  Who would want vodka with lime juice!? However, after watching my bowling team put away around 20 an evening for a number of years, I decided to give this ‘seniors’ drink a stab. Delicious, indeed.


#1 – Amstel Light.  My mouth still waters at the thought of a fresh, cold Amstel light fresh out of the bottle.  It’s the only light beer that I ever care to drink.  Yet, I never drank this wonderful beverage in Europe, nor did I care to.  I was a snob!  German beer was the best!  Then the Irish!  The Dutch... come on now.  When I finally turned 21 here in the states, the beer coolers in every liquor store opened up their options in my favor.  It didn’t matter where the beer came from, as long as it met my taste bud’s requirements. This little treat chose to be my bride.  

No comments:

Post a Comment