Friday, August 16, 2024

Europe 2024-25 Predictions and Chatter

 The day is upon us already! While Champions League qualifiers kicked off a few weeks ago, most of the power leagues start this weekend! And naturally Manchester United will kick things off with the first EPL match of the year. Enjoy the campaigns, this should be a fantastic year of footy.

Serie A: Champions: Juventus.

Top 4: Inter Milan, AC Milan, Fiorentina.

I'm going with two upsets. First, I really like Thiago Motta, I think he will have Juventus flying. Second, David De Gea is back! A great story would be getting them to Champions League football for next year. I'm assuming Napoli sell Victor Osimhen though. 

Ligue 1: Champions: PSG

Top 4: AS Monaco, Rennes, LOSC.

Even though they lost Mbappe, and the roster looks a little unbalanced, Luis Enrique is too good of a manager and they have too much quality not to win it. If LOSC can hang onto Jonathon David, I like them to push for the top. He's a quality player.

La Liga: Champions: Real Madrid 

Top 4: Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Sociedad. 

Copa Del Rey Champions: Real Madrid

Easiest prediction I've ever made. They won almost everything last year and now they add the world's best player? Real Madrid will lose a game or two, but they should win everything that they play for. I like the top 3 though, quietly they could and should all make the quarterfinals of Championship League.

Bundesliga: Champions: Bayer Leverkusen 

Top 4: Bayern, RB Leipzig, Borussia Dortmund. 

DFB Pokal: Borussia Dortmund 

Dare I say, upset? I'm not sure Bayern reloaded properly, but they still do have time. But give me Wirtz over Musiala, and give me Xabi Alonso over Kompany. And I love all 4. Just not sure Bayern can hang with an über confident Leverkusen side that kept both Frimpong and Grimaldo, their two key players. Will be a fun race. 

Premier League: Champions: Arsenal

Top 4: Manchester City, Aston Villa, Manchester United. 

FA Cup: Liverpool

Carabao Cup: Liverpool

Priorities? Liverpool haven't added to their depth, and I think they challenge on 4 fronts. The Premier League race will be super tight, I also think Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea and West Ham will have a shout. My biggest surprise? Crystal Palace make a final with Glasner and finish 10th. 

Conference League Winners: Chelsea

Europa League Winners: Eintracht Frankfurt

Champions League Winners: Real Madrid. 

Quarterfinals: Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, FC Bayern, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Liverpool, Bayer Leverkusen, Inter Milan.

New format this year, and I'm not sure what to expect. It all depends on the random draw really. Let's just say Arsenal have the toughest draw, and Inter Milan get a cakewalk. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Mbappe scores in the final, and Real Madrid win another. Over Manchester City this time. 

World's best 11:

GK - Courtois; Defense - Gvardiol, Saliba, Eder Militão, Carvajal; Midfield - Tchouaméni, Wirtz, Bellingham; Forward - Yamal, Mbappe, Haaland.

Pretty easy. Power grid is shifting, a lot of 25 and under. 

Nate's 11:

GK - De Gea (I have to!); Defense - Luke Shaw (don't let me down bro!), Schlotterbeck, Yoro, Timber (he's going to be a star); Midfield - Bellingham, Bruno Fernandes, Declan Rice; Forward - Rashford (step up!), Evan Ferguson (big step), Rodrygo (unsung hero, he's so good).

Enjoy the season! It's back!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment