Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hot Celebs 2015

Nate’s 9: Hottest Celebrities ‘15

            Always a favorite of mine. This goes back to when I used to keep track with friends and give celebrities ratings like 96, 73, 88 and all that fun stuff. Then, once Myspace came out, I was able to create a section dedicated to writing about the females and I even had a top 20 at that point. Then, my first year of Facebook when I decided to be ambitious and rank my Hot 100, similar to what Maxim likes to do. That was damn near impossible, time-consuming, and way too much copying and pasting for my liking. I came back down from 100, went back to the Top 20 format, until last year when I decided to merge these great masterpieces along with a Nate’s 9. So here we are in year two, and I believe that most of you are familiar with the formula, the ladies, and the rest of the measures. If not, it’s simple. Attractive to my preference, relevant to the times, talented to say the least. Cindy Crawford, yes, no, yes – so doesn’t make it. Lindsay Lohan, no, yes, yes – doesn’t make it. Kim Kardashian yes, yes, no – off the 9. Easy, right? No, no, it really wasn’t. Thanks for reading, and per usual, a little something for everyone!

First, as we approach ten years of superficially ranking women, I just want to give a shout out to those that used to dominate the upper echelon of my lists. When I call your name, please step forward...

Salma Hayek. I’ll never be able to put my finger on it, but she ran my lists for a while. Puts Sofia Vergara to shame, in my humble opinion.
Maria Sharapova. Started watching tennis because of her.
Serena Williams. Continued watching tennis because of her.
Tara Reid. I enjoyed Van Wilder and American Pie for many reasons, but my goodness.


America’s 9:

9. Taylor Swift. Working the charts, the fashion, the award shows.
8. Mila Kunis. Just can’t seem to knock her off, as she always does enough. Trending constantly.
7. Kaley Couco. Not for me, but she’s getting in the face of America.
6. Sarah Hyland. Still in the limelight, but looks about to plateau.
5. Kristin Cavallari. Proud of you Cutler.
4. Olivia Wilde. Falls a bit, but I’m starting to get it now. Upticking on the Nate list.
3. Margot Robbie. Whoa!
2. Jennifer Lawrence. All that built up anger probably just turns guys on.
1. Beyonce. I love Minaj, but Beyonce kills in that video.

Nate’s 9:

#9. Charlotte McKinney.  Who? That’s what I thought too. I’d like to give a shout out to a friend who recommended ‘Toyota Jan’ for this list. While I think she is quite adorable, and she kicks butt as the office secretary in the Toyota commercials, I’m not sure if she’s top 9 material. Step in the burger girl from Carl Jr’s. To be honest, I thought the Super Bowl commercials this year were kind of lame.  All of them except for the pretty girl eating the Carl Jr’s burger. She’s like a blend of my current top 2, which essentially means there’s potential to move up higher on this list. DWTS was a good start, but I want to see more visibility over the next 12 months. Yet as far as I’m concerned, the rookie of the year award is a slam dunk.

Future Champion


#8. Nina Dobrev. She would have made last year’s list, if there had been room for 10. While I’m not much for the CW shows like The Vampire Diaries, I can always take some time out to watch whenever she’s on screen. She’s had a little less success than say Anna Kendrick, but I think that the arrow on her career is also pointing upward. She also loves her cat very much (check on the list for me), and seems super chill. I felt bad for leaving her off last year, this spot is the least I can do for her this time.

Where's the Garlic?


#7. Margot Robbie. Didn’t even make last year’s 108 first round list. I hadn’t seen Wolf of Wall Street, so I was completely missing out. This year, I’ve been a little luckier.  Besides the fact that I was willing her into every scene in that movie with the great Leo, I’ve also watched every single trailer of Focus that the TV/DVD/Movie Theater previews would allow for. I understand America and Australia’s obsession, and I agree with it 100%.

No Soup!


#6. Ari Grande. I knew Frankie Grande first, but just barely. I think it may have been his mentioning of his sister on Big Brother, that I was like, “who?” and decided to take a look for myself. Cue, “Oh My”, and although I can’t quite consider her to be a rookie, she definitely exploded onto the scene over the last 12 months. Bang Bang, Problem, Break Free and Love Me Harder would be a sensational career for someone, Ari has done all of this on one album. Everyone wants to feature her on their music, and she’s a hit with the MTV fans as well as mainstream music listeners. The voice is killer, the talent is unmistakable, and she’s an adorable little prize as well. Excited to see what the future holds for this new world superstar.

Rising star


#5. Hayden Panettiere. Completes a decade on this list, which I believe is no small feat even if the first 8 years dealt with a top 20. She’s just about the total package from my perspective. She can sing, she can model, she can act, she’s great with the press, and she stays out of the limelight, and doesn’t sleep through Hollywood. She took some time off this past year to deal with the more important things in life (having a baby), but has already returned to the spotlight in finishing out the season of Nashville, and can always be found supporting her Boxer man Klitschko. All men love a supportive woman.

Nice work Wlad


#4. Emma Watson. After a two year hiatus, she’s back. I still haven’t seen a single film of the beloved Harry Potter series, but by being friends with many of its fans, I was brought onto Ms. Watson some time ago.  For all things that I consider important, obviously a woman of great strength is high up on the list. Watson does nothing to disappoint. She’s been very supportive of Woman’s Rights issues including better education for those that can’t afford it, and of course equal pay. It’s her appearances in Bling Ring and This is the End that got me excited to get her back on the list once again.

I'd pay her!


#3. Keira Knightley. There will always be a special place in my heart for the woman who graced the top of this list for just over a decade. From the beginning with the likes of Bend it Like Beckham, and Love Actually, she struck a chord with me that hasn’t gone away, even as we approach middle age. It’s a different Knightley from the one I crushed on in the past, but still a successful and beautiful one at that. Gone are the fun films like the Pirates of the Caribbean and King Arthur, and now she’s more into the historical action and grand epic films like Anna Karenina and The Imitation Game. Much to my dismay, she is now a mother and a married woman (I think it’s worked out well for both of us). While she continues to slip a little from the top of the list, and I wonder if she even seeks the relevance of being world famous once again (She said last year she wishes to have more personal time than she had during her early career), but as long as we have the soccer passion, singers talent, and British accent, I see no reason why she will fall out of here completely.

Sharing Life Choices


#2. Scarlett Johansson. And... she’s back. A one year slip from two to three must have pushed her over the edge, because she came back with a vengeance. Chef, The Avengers, and Captain America were all great films in the last year, she had a delightful little appearance hosting SNL, and she continues to look as good as she always does. Shame on me for moving her down to #3 for a year. I have learned my lesson.

Back in her Place


#1. Kate Upton. Barcelona. LeBron. Old Tiger Woods. DeNiro. John F Kennedy. Kate Upton. She has joined the hall of greats. And I don’t even play Game of War. But I do watch the commercials. I explained the history of Kate’s ascension to the top of my list last year, so I feel it’d be a little redundant to describe those feelings again this time around. Instead I will only say that I have a feeling that she will continue to champion this list for a very, very, very long time.




The Ladies List
#9 - Chris Hemsworth - Those arms though.
#8 - Patrick Schwarzenegger - Better acting chops than dad, too.
#7 - Enrique Iglesias - I think Anna's the lucky one.
#6 - Henrik Lundqvist - Best dressed athlete for sure.



#5 - Johnny Depp - Still has it.
#4 - Shemar Moore - Hard to believe he's 45.
#3 - Leo Dicaprio - Have to celebrate him turning 40, and give him a shout.
#2 - Cristiano Ronaldo - Falls to #2, cause he's taken this shirtless thing too far.
#1 - JT - Married and a dad, and he's still hot. Inspirational to dads everywhere.

#1






No comments:

Post a Comment